Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Sample Classic Culture deck received

On Monday I received a sample deck of the Classic Cultures. It is the final proof of seeing how the graphics print both front and back before mass production can begin. I was thrilled to see how well the back design looked. It was the black onyx color and it just looked sharp! Overall the faces were crisp and printed correctly, although I noticed a few things immediately that were incorrect: the 7-10 on spades, diamonds, and hearts weren't updated files and one of the diamond jack's eyes didn't print properly. The jokers were sized down a bit due to the text being so close the plastic's edge in the original design. I didn't like that they were re-sized so I revisited and re-designed the jokers which will look more clean and simple.

All issues have been rectified and will soon have a final proof to approve.

Overall, they are looking good and the plastic material, which will be a little thinner than the Paisleys, really handles well and has a good snap. I just can't wait until these arrive in October!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a great deck! Will you have red or pink to complement it? I can't wait for October.. must pre-order.

Desjgn "J Design" Playing Cards said...

Thanks oeric! Sorry I couldn't respond immediately to your inquiry, but yes a red will be available as you can see by my recent post.